Wednesday, October 29, 2008

One Fifth Avenue

I admit it, I love the confectionary fiction of one, Candace Bushnell among others.  It is a sort of an escape that is essential to my well being - - Project Runway, Top Design, Top Chef and the new Stylista are also great escapes for me.  Getting back the confectionary fiction of Sex In The City creator, Bushnell, her latest book, One Fifth Avenue was released in September.  Instead of buying the book, I thought I would do my best to lessen my carbon footprint and reserve a copy at the library.  The list of reserves must be huge because the book has yet to grace my hands.   So, during my weekly trip to the library I just so happened at the front desk and asked the librarian to check where I was on the list.  "Oh, you are number 187", she said.   I am not certain if it was the fact that it now seems like One Fifth Avenue will be on my summer reading 2009, (due to the huge reserve list) because, now, I really want to read the book.  I vow to hold out until the end of November until I increase my carbon footprint and purchase the book over Thanksgiving weekend and make it my Holiday 2009 reading.   If I were a betting girl I would say, "I'll be buying that book at Costco on Thanksgiving weekend".

No comments: